Creative activities like coloring relieve stress and benefit seniors
Coloring may sound like a simple activity, but more and more people are discovering that it’s an effective stress reliever and mood booster.
Some psychologists have even said that coloring is a form of meditation.
And a research study shows that engaging seniors in creative activities like coloring can improve their health, lead to fewer doctor visits, reduce medication, and decrease the number of health problems.
Plus, caregivers can benefit from coloring too. It’s a quick and inexpensive way to help you relax and engage in a fun and creative activity for as much or as little time as you have.
To help your older adult enjoy the benefits of coloring, we rounded up 5 sources of fantastic free coloring pages for seniors.
Free coloring pages for seniors
Thanks to its recent popularity, there are hundreds of free coloring pages available online. Here are 5 sites with great options for every ability level. The coloring pages are easy to print and use anytime!
1. Coloring Pages for Adults
This site has hundreds of coloring pages in a variety of themes and topics.
- Browse the website here
- We especially like these flowers, the famous artwork, and these peaceful landscapes
2. Everything Etsy
Choose from 12 different designs – along with regular designs, there are bookmarks and inspirational quotes.
3. Coloring.WS Spring Theme
Some older adults will appreciate these simpler spring-themed designs.
4. Free Coloring Pages
This site has a range of designs, from simple to more complex.
Crayola also has a selection of free coloring pages in a wide range of themes and complexity.
- Browse dozens of coloring pages here
- There are even Disney characters for lifelong Disney enthusiasts – here’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
- These Easter eggs are a more complex design
- The bee and flowers or Nascar stockcar are medium in difficulty
- This ocean theme page is simple and fun
Recommended for you:
- Free Large Print Crossword Puzzles for Seniors
- Beautiful Coloring Books for Seniors
- Activities for Seniors: Jigsaw Puzzles!
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
Image: Sauk City Public Library
This article wasn’t sponsored and doesn’t contain affiliate links. For more information, see How We Make Money.