Looking for the perfect gift for a senior man?
It can be challenging to find a gift that an older man will enjoy and use.
To help you find a fantastic gift your older adult will love, we’ve rounded up 8 categories of gifts for senior men and included plenty of specific suggestions.
In this list, you’re sure to find a thoughtful, useful gift idea that that fits with their interests and improves everyday life.
8 great gifts for senior men
1. Everyday conveniences
Many older adults rely on reading glasses, but they can be easy to misplace. These handy glasses keepers make sure their glasses are always at hand.
- $10 Croakies Premium Leather Cord Eyewear Retainer
- $12 MOSISO Eyeglasses Holder, Stand Case with Magnetic Base
Couch accessories keep necessities like a remote control, mobile or cordless phone, glasses, tissues, etc. within easy reach
- $25 Joywell Sofa Sofa Armrest Pocket Organizer
- $25 CouchCoaster: The Ultimate Drink Holder for Your Sofa
- $37 Couch Armchair Caddy with Detachable Tray
- With this easy-to-use remote control, there’s no need to fumble with small buttons or press the wrong one
Helpful accessories make walkers and rollators more functional and personalized
- $17 Vive walker caddy / tote bag – A sleek, convenient, and hands-free way to carry essentials while using a folding walker. It’s lightweight, water-resistant, and available in 2 colors.
- Rollator covers help your older adult stand out in a crowd. They’re also washable, which makes it easier to keep things clean.
2. Creature comforts
Soft, warm, non-slip slippers keep seniors comfortable and safe when lounging at home. These are specially designed to be easy to put on and for people with health conditions that affect their feet.
- A soothing, warm massage is a great way to ease aches and pains
- Can be used anywhere on the body like the back or neck
- This reversible sherpa and mink heated blanket keeps seniors toasty warm and helps ease chronic aches and pains
Weighted blankets have been scientifically proven to relieve distress and anxiety. They’re especially helpful for people with dementia and also great for anyone who has trouble sleeping, feels anxious, or would just enjoy feeling more relaxed.
- $39 (sale) YnM Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 72 inches
- $62 Weighted Idea Cool Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 78 inches
- $90 RELAX EDEN Adult Weighted Blanket W/Removable, Washable Duvet Cover – 12 lbs, 48 x 72 inches
Many senior men love to observe nature, whether it’s birds or the changing weather. And others will enjoy working on a fun jigsaw puzzle.
- Suction cups easily attach this bird feeder to any window
- Get a close up look at beautiful birds from the comfort of an armchair
- Monitor the current temperature and forecast tomorrow’s weather with the easy-to-read display on this weather station
These fun puzzles are sure to capture your older adult’s attention
- $11 Country Store, 500 pieces – reminisce over a small town general store
- $13 Road Trip USA, 300 pieces – a U.S. map made up of state license plates
- $13 Crescent Moon Bay, 300 pieces – a peaceful cabin on the lake
- $11 Follow Your Nose, 300 pieces – 16 portraits of sweet dogs
- $18 Lighthouse Pt., 1000 pieces – a variety of national landmarks
- $25 Things I Ate As A Kid, 1000 pieces – foods from the past, nostalgia at its best!
4. Wonderful memories
Design custom mugs with special photos to make beverages more fun
Create a special photo book so your older adult can reminisce anytime.
Or, create a custom calendar that shows smiling family faces.
For older adults who use mobility aids, a shiny new cane or walker is a wonderful and practical gift. We’re especially impressed by the clever design of the Free2Go Rollator.
- $18 NOVA Designer Walking Cane with Offset Handle – This cane comes in a variety of elegant colors and patterns
- $27 Hugo Mobility Adjustable Quad Cane – A quad cane in a great shade of bronze
- $60 Drive Medical 4 wheel rollator walker – This rollator walker is easy to maneuver, lightweight, and has a handy seat and backrest for rest breaks
- $70 Vive Carbon Fiber Quad Cane Ultra Lightweight Walking Stick – Get the extra stability of a quad cane without the weight
- $250 Free2Go Rollator – This innovative rollator restores independence and dignity by discreetly combining the benefits of a rollator and raised toilet seat. It allows someone with reduced mobility to independently use any toilet with confidence.
6. Delivery services and transportation
During this pandemic, many older adults are staying home to reduce the risk of exposure of Covid-19. Gift cards for these services are thoughtful and practical presents.
Grocery delivery is available from a variety of stores, including:
You could also give them a gift card for a local restaurant that’s currently offering home delivery.
And when they do need to leave the house, private transportation is less risky than public transport:
- GoGoGrandparent gift card – This is an on-demand ride service that’s perfect for seniors who don’t use smartphones. No mobile apps are needed and a live person is always available to help.
- Lyft or Uber gift card – On-demand rides are a convenient way for older adults to get where they need to go. Some senior organizations even offer concierge services that help seniors book rides.
7. Daily luxuries
- With a bidet, your older adult won’t have to bend and twist to wipe after using the toilet. It’s hygienic and gentle on their delicate skin.
$250 SmartBidet SB-1000 Electric Bidet Seat with Heated Seat, Warm Air Dryer, and Temperature Controlled Wash
- This bidet and heated seat gives a truly luxurious and comfortable toileting experience
8. Technology they’ll actually want to use
Digital photo frames:
A digital photo frame is a wonderful way for older adults to easily view family photos. Many new frames even allow you to add new photos via email or through a mobile app.
- $40 Aluratek 7 Inch LCD Digital Photo Frame – supports 32GB USB flash drive/SD card
- $70 BSIMB Digital Photo Frame Digital Picture Frame 10.1 Inch – 1024×600 IPS screen, has music and video playback, supports 32GB USB flash drive/SD card, and comes with a clock, reminder calendar functions, remote control
- $100 Feelcare 7 Inch 16GB Smart WiFi Digital Picture Frame – send photos or short videos from anywhere, internal memory means no need for external memory card or flash drive
- $180 Nixplay Smart Digital Picture Frame 10.1 Inch – share photos and short videos from your phone or by email
Smart digital photo frame with video calling:
Another great gift is the ViewClix Smart Frame. It’s a digital photo frame with video calling and an auto-answer mode.
When auto-answer is set up, the older adult doesn’t need to do anything to receive a video call. This is especially helpful for making video calls to someone with dementia or who isn’t able to physically answer a call.
There’s a 10-inch screen size ($200) or 15-inch screen size ($300).
Hands-free virtual assistants:
- $19 (sale) Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Generation) – This hands-free, voice-controlled device plays music, gives weather reports, reads the news, reads audiobooks, answers questions, tells jokes, checks sports scores, and more. In addition, find out how Echo helps people with dementia.
- $70 (sale) Amazon Echo “Alexa” (4th Generation) – The “big sibling” to the Echo Dot, it does everything the Dot does, but has premium speakers and can be moved around cord-free. In addition, find out how Echo helps people with dementia.
- The Echo Show is like an Echo or Echo Dot with a video screen. To make video calls without your older adult needing to accept the call, use the Echo Show’s “drop in” feature.
Recommended for you:
- The Big List of Best Gifts for Seniors
- 7 Wonderful Gifts for Senior Women
- Gifts for Seniors with Alzheimer’s or Dementia: 31 Perfect Ideas
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
Images: Amazon, 1) Amazon, 2) The Shoe Link, 3) Amazon, 4) Guardian Angel Caregivers, 5) Pioneer Medical Alarms for Seniors, 6) Beacon Supportive Care, 7) Inwood Village Dental, 8) H3 Digital
This article reflects prices at publication, but prices and availability may change. This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.