Date published: 2021-11-23
Looking for a gift for a hard-working family caregiver?
To help express your thanks and appreciation, you might want to splurge a bit on a gift for the family caregiver in your life.
Give a gift they’ll love with this round up of 23 amazing gifts for family caregivers that bring a touch of luxury to their daily lives.
We’ve got dozens of product suggestions for both women and men.
Browse 7 categories of gifts for caregivers
To make it easier to browse these caregiver gift ideas, click these links below to jump directly to one of the seven categories on this page or keep scrolling to browse the full list.
- 3 things to ease physical fatigue and strain
- 3 wonderful daily comforts
- 5 products for a better night’s sleep
- 3 calming caregiver journals
- 2 top personal electronic gadgets
- 3 products that make it easy to stay organized
- 4 online courses to encourage hobbies and fun
3 things to ease physical fatigue and strain
1) Water bottle / coffee mug
Staying hydrated is important, but because caregivers are constantly tending to others’ needs, they may not have the luxury of drinking their coffee while it’s hot or pouring a glass of water when they’re thirsty.
These excellent beverage containers keep cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot so caregivers can enjoy their beverages throughout the day.
- $20 YETI Rambler 10 oz Lowball, Vacuum Insulated, Stainless Steel with MagSlider Lid
- $23 Takeya Actives Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle with Spout Lid, 32 oz
- $30 CamelBak Chute Mag Water Bottle, Insulated Stainless Steel, 20 oz
- $30 YETI Rambler 26 oz Straw Cup, Vacuum Insulated, Stainless Steel with Straw Lid
- $30 YETI Rambler 20 oz Tumbler, Stainless Steel, Vacuum Insulated with MagSlider Lid
- $32 Hydro Flask Water Bottle – Stainless Steel, Reusable, Vacuum Insulated, 24 oz
- $35 YETI Rambler 20 oz Travel Mug, Stainless Steel, Vacuum Insulated with Stronghold Lid
2) Supportive footwear
Caregivers are on their feet all day. A high-quality pair of sneakers could help reduce foot or knee pain. Hoka One One sneakers are designed to be ultra-supportive and well cushioned.
3) Anti-fatigue kitchen mats
Another way to ease physical fatigue is to get a cushioned mat for the kitchen – click here to choose from a variety of stylish designs.
3 wonderful daily comforts
1) Ultra plush house slippers
Keep their feet comfortable and warm with these amazing slippers they’ll look forward to putting on every morning.
- From $100 UGG Women’s Ansley Slipper
- From $100 UGG Women’s Tasman Slipper
- From $88 UGG Men’s Ascot Slipper
- From $75 UGG Men’s Tasman Slipper
2) A luxurious robe
A fantastic robe makes mornings more pleasant and helps tired caregivers ease into their day.
- $47 (sale!) Ralph Lauren Long Cozy Fleece Wrap Robe (women)
- $54 (sale!) Ralph Lauren Men’s Shawl-Collar Robe
- From $97 Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Adult Robe (unisex) – featured on both Oprah and Ellen DeGeneres’ gift lists
- $130 Gravity Fleece Weighted Collar Fleece Robe (unisex) – the weighted collar uses the power of deep touch pressure stimulation to promote relaxation
3) A daily massage
Soothe muscles that are tired from long caregiving days with simple home massage aids.
- $43 MoCuishle Shiatsu Neck Back Massager Pillow with Heat
- $46 Nekteck Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager with Soothing Heat
- $120 Comfier Massage Mat, Full Body Heating Massage Pad with Movable Shiatsu Neck Massage Pillow
- $174 Theragun Mini – All-New 4th Generation Portable Muscle Treatment Massage Gun
4) Portable entertainment
- $119 Bose SoundLink Micro: Small Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof) – listen to shows or podcasts anywhere, even in the shower!
5 products for a better night’s sleep
1) Light-blocking sleep mask
Get better rest with a sleep mask that blocks out light to help you fall asleep faster so you can sleep longer.
- $10 Sleep Mask 3 Pack, 3D Contoured
- $15 Mavogel 2019 New Sleep Eye Mask
- $13 100% Silk Sleep Mask For A Full Night’s Sleep
- $16 ALASKA BEAR Sleep Mask 100 Percent Blackout, Contoured Cups Zero Pressure Eye Cover
- $35 Manta Sleep Mask – 100% Light Blocking Eye Mask, Zero Eye Pressure, Comfortable & Adjustable
- $40 Gravity Weighted Sleep Mask – evenly distributed light weight across key relaxation pressure points (not on your eyeballs) allows you to fall asleep faster and sleep more deeply
2) Super comfortable pillow
- $23 Utopia Bedding Gusseted Pillow
- $40 Bluewave Bedding Ultra Slim Gel Memory Foam Pillow for Stomach and Back Sleepers
- $67 Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Pillow
- $80 Zoey Sleep Side Sleeper Pillow – Neck Pillows for Pain Relief Sleeping
- $98 The Purple Pillow | The Most Supportive Pillow Science can Dream up – with Adjustable boosters for Personalized Height
- $37 Leeden Premium Full Body Pillow
- $40 Oubonun Premium Adjustable Loft Quilted Body Pillow
3) Soothing weighted blanket
Weighted blankets have been scientifically proven to relieve distress and anxiety.
They’re wonderfully effective for anyone who has trouble sleeping, feels anxious, or would just enjoy feeling more relaxed.
- $29 ZZZhen Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 72 inches
- From $40 RELAX EDEN Adult Weighted Blanket W/Removable, Washable Duvet Cover
- $40 Hypnoser Adult Weighted Blanket – 20 lbs, 60 x 80 inches
- $50 YnM Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 72 inches
- $55 Weighted Blanket – 12 lbs, 60 x 80 inches
- $68 Sivio Weighted Blanket – 20 lbs, 60 x 80 inches
- $70 Weighted Idea Cooling Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 78 inches
4) Luxurious bedding
- $66 Pure Egyptian Cotton Bed Sheets Set (4 pieces)
- $78 5-Star Luxury 600 Thread Count 100% Cotton Sheets Set
- $66 Pure Egyptian 1000 Thread Count Cotton Bed Sheets Set (4 Pc)
- $135 Certified 100% American Supima Cotton Sheets, 1000 Thread Count, 4 Piece Set
- $225 Luxury Duvet Cover Set | 100% Certified Egyptian Cotton
- $285 Brooklinen Luxe Sheets Set + Duvet Cover – 7 Piece Set
5) White noise machine
- $22 HoMedics White Noise Sound Machine
- $30 BUFFBEE White Noise Sound Machine with Night Light, Timer and Memory Function
- $35 Housbay White Noise Machine with 31 Soothing Sounds, 5W Loud Stereo Sound, Auto-Off Timer, Adjustable Volume
- $45 Marpac Dohm Classic The Original White Noise Machine Featuring Soothing Natural Sound from a Real Fan
3 calming caregiver journals
One effective way to reduce caregiver stress and reduce burnout risk is to write in a journal.
Getting thoughts and feelings down on paper is surprisingly therapeutic. Studies have even found that journaling improves health and well-being.
These wonderful journals provide guidance and support to caregivers.
1) Journals that help caregivers care for themselves
- Watering the Soul: A 91-Day Purposeful Self-Care Journal for Caregivers
- Caregiver’s Journal: Caring for Elderly Loved Ones
- Caregivers’ Journal: Taking care of yourself while taking care of others
- Self-Care for Caregivers – A 60-Day Accountability Journal
- Plan of Action: How to Save Your Own Life: A Caregiver’s Journal
2) Journals that calm anxiety
- No Worries: A Guided Journal to Help You Calm Anxiety, Relieve Stress, and Practice Positive Thinking Each Day
- Worry IV Nothing: A Discreet, Guided Anxiety Journal
3) Journals that promote well-being
- Daily Positivity Journal For Happiness, Wellness, Mindfulness & Self Care
- A Year of Zen: A 52-Week Guided Journal
- Getting to Good: A Guided Journal
- 52-Week Mental Health Journal: Guided Prompts and Self-Reflection to Reduce Stress and Improve Wellbeing
2 top personal electronic gadgets
1) Wireless earbuds
With wireless earbuds, caregivers can make hands free phone calls while doing chores or listen to music or podcasts to relax.
- $66 Soundcore by Anker Life A2 NC Multi-Mode Noise Cancelling Wireless Earbuds
- $80 Jabra Elite 75t Earbuds – True Wireless Earbuds with Active Noise Cancelling
- $150 Beats Studio Buds – True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds
- $204 Apple AirPods (3rd Generation)
- $220 Apple AirPods Pro
A smartwatch tracks fitness and health and has helpful alerts and reminders – and tells time!
- $130 Garmin Venu Sq Music, GPS Smartwatch
- $200 Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch with Tools for Heart Health, Stress Management & Skin Temperature Trends
- From $220 Apple Watch
- $300 Samsung Electronics Galaxy Watch 4
3 products that make it easy to stay organized
Being a caregiver means keeping on top of your own life as well as the life of the person they care for. Make it easier and more pleasant to stay organized with some well-designed tools.
1) Desktop organizers
- $20 Reliancer Desktop Wire File Organizer
- $22 Acrylic File Organizer for Desk
- $35 U Brands Metal Hanging Desktop File Organizer
2) Bulletin / white boards
- $17 CHEFAN Desktop Dry Erase Board, 10″ x 7″
- $19 Quartet Glass Whiteboard Desktop Easel, 9″ x 11″, Dry Erase Surface
- $21 Quartet Glass Desktop Computer Pad, 18″ x 6″, Dry Erase Surface
- $21 Magnetic Dry Erase Whiteboard Sheet for Fridge
- $39 Umbra Bulletboard – Cork Board, Bulletin Board and Magnetic Board
3) Electronics charging and organizing station
- $29 MSTJRY 5 Port Multi USB Charging Station for Multiple Devices with Power Switch
- $37 WAITIEE Wireless Charger 3 in 1, 15W Fast Charging Station
4 online courses to encourage hobbies and fun
Re-engage caregivers in hobbies they used to love or introduce them to something new with fun (and convenient) online classes.
1) Sur La Table online cooking classes, from $29
Join expert chefs live from the comfort of your own kitchen for fun, hands-on classes.
2) International Center of Photography online classes, from $35
International Center of Photography is one of the world’s most renowned institutions for photography and visual culture.
3) Beginners Watercolor painting on Udemy, $11 (sale!)
This course helps new painters build confidence, giving the tools to master the fundamentals and leading with a playful approach to the medium.
4) Masterclass subscription, $180/year
Not sure what they might enjoy learning? MasterClass makes it possible for anyone to watch or listen to hundreds of video lessons taught by 100+ of the world’s best instructors. And new classes are added every month.
Recommended for you:
- 10 Best Holiday Gifts for Caregivers
- 50 Best Gifts for Seniors: Things You’ve Never Thought Of
- 46 Amazing Gifts for Seniors with Alzheimer’s or Dementia
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
This article reflects prices at publication, but prices and availability may change. This article wasn’t sponsored, but contains some affiliate links. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.