Get great gifts ASAP
The holidays are almost here and you don’t have a gift for your older adult yet. Don’t worry, there’s still time!
You don’t have to spend a lot of money or go to fancy stores to get them a thoughtful, nicely wrapped gift.
We found 15 excellent last-minute presents at stores like Walgreens, CVS, Target, and Walmart.
Why go to a drugstore or chain store?
Big chain drugstores or stores like Walmart or Target are great for last minute gifts because they’re open late or 24 hours a day. Plus, they’re one-stop shops for gifts, cards, and wrapping.
Here are 15 thoughtful gift ideas your senior will love. Even though every local store carries different items, you’ll be able to find something very similar to our suggestions.
15 last-minute gift ideas
9 gifts for anyone
- $7 Birdhouse – attaches to the window so birds are easy to watch
- $8 Mini massager – for sore arthritis spots
- From $8 Throw blanket – a cozy lap blanket keeps knees warm
- $9 Stick anywhere light – great for added safety
- $9 Basic electric toothbrush – improve dental health
- $20 Comfy cushion – a nice addition to any seat
- $24 Motion-activated stick anywhere LED lights – great for added safety
- $40 Advanced electric toothbrush – really improve dental health
- $40 XL electric heating pad – soothing warmth eases sore joints and muscles
4 gifts for men
- From $14 Vest – to keep warm
- From $14 House slippers – non-skid sole, adjustable, breathable, comfortable
- $23 Mini electric shaver – get a clean shave anywhere
- $50 Philips Norelco shaver – high-quality cordless electric shaver
2 gifts for women
- $10 Luxurious lotion – moisturize fragile, dry skin
- From $13 House slippers – non-skid sole, adjustable, breathable, comfortable
Wrap it nicely
Another convenience these stores offer is nice holiday cards, gift bags, and tissue paper. For a quick, but beautiful gift presentation, you can’t beat a handwritten holiday card attached to a beautiful gift bag artfully overflowing with colorful tissue.
Recommended for you:
- The Big List of Gift Ideas for Seniors
- Holiday Gifts for Seniors with Dementia: 25 Perfect Ideas
- The Top 25 Senior Gift Ideas Under $25
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
Image: RMSA Retail Solutions
This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. All prices quoted were checked shortly before publication, but prices change often and might not match what is found online. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.