Looking for the perfect gift for a senior woman?
Older adults can be a challenge to shop for.
To help you find a wonderful gift your older adult will love, we’ve rounded up 7 categories of gifts for senior women and included plenty of specific suggestions.
In this list, you’re sure to find a thoughtful, useful gift that improves their everyday life.
7 wonderful gifts for senior women
1. Cheerful accessories
So many older adults rely on reading glasses, but they can be easy to misplace. These lovely eyeglass chains keep their specs close at hand.
- $7 Kalevel Eyeglass Chain Beaded
- $8 Colorful Beaded Eyeglass Holder
- $23 Eyeglass Chain with Handcrafted Silver Celtic Knots
Walker accessories liven up basic mobility aids and make them more fun and functional
- $16 Vive walker caddy / tote bag – A stylish, convenient, and hands-free way to carry essentials while using a folding walker. It’s lightweight, water-resistant, and available in 2 colors.
- Rollator covers transform standard rollator walkers into fun personalized accessories. They come in a variety of patterns and are washable, which makes it easier to keep things clean.
2. Cozy comfort
Soft, warm slippers keep seniors comfy while lounging around at home.
- This cozy blanket keeps knees warm and conveniently attaches to their wheelchair.
From $31 Custom photo blanket
- What could be better than a warm blanket with a special photo printed on it?
- A heated blanket keeps seniors toasty warm and eases chronic aches and pains.
Weighted blankets have been scientifically proven to relieve distress and anxiety. They’re especially helpful for people with dementia and also great for anyone who has trouble sleeping, feels anxious, or would just enjoy feeling more relaxed.
- $37 (sale!) YnM Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 72 inches
- $56 Sivio Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 72 inches
- $72 Good Knight Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 60 x 80 inches
3. Wonderful memories
Create a special photo book so your older adult can reminisce anytime.
Or, create a custom calendar that shows smiling family faces.
For older adults who use mobility aids, a shiny new cane or walker is a wonderful and practical gift. We especially like the clever design of the Free2Go Rollator.
- $17 NOVA Designer Walking Cane with Offset Handle – This cane comes in a variety of beautiful colors and patterns
- $37 Vive Quad Cane – This quad cane comes in 5 vibrant colors
- $57 Drive Medical 4 wheel rollator walker – This rollator walker is easy to maneuver, lightweight, and has a handy seat and backrest for rest breaks
- $210 Free2Go Rollator – This innovative rollator restores independence and dignity by combining the benefits of a rollator and raised toilet seat. It allows someone with reduced mobility to independently use any toilet with confidence.
- GoGoGrandparent gift card – This is an on-demand ride service that’s perfect for seniors who don’t use smartphones. No mobile apps are needed and a live person is always available to help.
- Lyft or Uber gift card – On-demand rides are a convenient way for older adults to get where they need to go. Some senior organizations even offer concierge services that help seniors book rides.
6. Everyday luxuries
- $35 Luxe Bidet Neo 120 – With a bidet, your older adult won’t have to bend and twist to wipe after using the toilet. It’s hygienic and gentle on their delicate skin.
- $250 SmartBidet SB-1000 Electric Bidet Seat with Heated Seat, Warm Air Dryer, and Temperature Controlled Wash – This bidet and heated seat gives a truly luxurious and comfortable toileting experience
7. Technology they’ll actually want to use
A digital photo frame is another great way for older adults to easily view family photos.
- $53 DBPOWER HD Digital 7 inch Photo Frame
- The slideshow mode automatically scrolls through to display them all. We also like the calendar and clock functions.
- Note: You’ll need a separate (and inexpensive) USB stick flash drive or SD memory card to hold the digital photos for this frame.
A hands-free home assistant
- $25 Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Generation) – This hands-free, voice-controlled device plays music, gives weather reports, reads the news, reads audiobooks, answers questions, tells jokes, checks sports scores, and more. In addition, find out how Echo helps people with dementia.
- $80 Amazon Echo (3rd Generation) – The “big sibling” to the Echo Dot, it does everything the Dot does, but has premium speakers and can be moved around cord-free. In addition, find out how Echo helps people with dementia.
Recommended for you:
- The Big List of Best Gifts for Seniors
- Gifts for Seniors with Alzheimer’s or Dementia: 31 Perfect Ideas
- 20 Festive Holiday Activities for Seniors
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
Images: Alzheimer Society of Manitoba, 1) Redhaven Care Homes, 2) The Wesley Communities, 3) Vista Prairie Communities, 4) Amazon, 5) Hospitality Home Care, 6) Amazon, 7) Vimeo
This article reflects prices at publication, but prices and availability may change. This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.