Date published: 2022-04-03
Looking for the perfect gift for a senior woman?
To help you find a wonderful gift she’ll love, we’ve rounded up 33 fantastic gifts for senior women.
There are 7 gift categories and dozens of product suggestions.
There are cozy comforts, lovely memories, everyday luxuries, household upgrades, cheerful accessories, mobility aids, tech tools she’ll love, and helpful delivery and transportation services.
Browse 7 categories of gifts for senior women
To make it easier to browse these gift ideas for senior women, click these links below to jump directly to one of the seven categories on this page or keep scrolling to browse the full list.
- 6 cozy comforts
- 3 keepsake memories
- 3 everyday luxuries and simple updates
- 5 cheerful everyday accessories
- 6 helpful mobility aids
- 7 tech tools they’ll truly enjoy using
- 3 delivery and transportation services
6 cozy comforts
1) House slippers
Soft, warm, non-slip house slippers keep seniors comfy while lounging at home.
2) Comfy slipper/shoe hybrid
For those who enjoy a more substantial slipper, these comfy slipper/shoe hybrids are great.
- $56 Skechers Women’s, Gowalk Lounge – At Ease Slip-on Sneaker
- $75 Skechers Women’s Go Walk Lounge – Solace Slip-on Sneaker
- $75 ReEmber Convertible Slip-On Sneaker
3) Luxurious robe/wrap
A plush robe or wrap makes chilly mornings or days much more pleasant and cozy. We recommend a shorter style to avoid the possibility of tangling or tripping.
- $98 UGG Women’s Aarti Plush Robe
- $103 Barefoot Dreams Bamboo Chic Lite Weekend Wrap
- $110 Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Travel Shawl
- $158 Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Barefoot in The Wild Robe
4) Warm blanket/throw
A warm blanket is wonderful in winter and can also be used all year round to make a couch or recliner even cozier and more comfortable.
- $25 Bedsure Sherpa Fleece Throw Blanket
- From $35 Walmart custom photo blankets
- $36 Heavyweight wheelchair lap blanket
- $40 Sunbeam heated throw blanket, 3 heat settings
5) Soothing massager
Get a soothing, warm massage anytime to ease aches and pains.
- $40 MoCuishle Shiatsu Neck Back Massager Pillow with Heat
- $40 Nekteck Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager with Soothing Heat
6) Weighted blanket
Weighted blankets have been scientifically proven to relieve distress and anxiety. They’re especially helpful for people with dementia and also great for anyone who has trouble sleeping, feels anxious, or would just enjoy feeling more relaxed.
- $29 ZZZhen Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 72 inches
- $40 Hypnoser Adult Weighted Blanket – 20 lbs, 60 x 80 inches
- $60 Weighted Blanket – 12 lbs, 60 x 80 inches
- $50 YnM Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 72 inches
- $66 Weighted Idea Cooling Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 78 inches
- $66 Sivio Weighted Blanket – 20 lbs, 60 x 80 inches
- From $40 RELAX EDEN Weighted Blanket W/Removable, Washable Duvet Cover – blankets from 5 to 20 pounds
Note: We’ve also got DIY weighted blanket instructions here.
3 keepsake memories
1) Create a special photo book so your older adult can reminisce anytime
2) Create a custom photo calendar that shows smiling family faces
3) Create a fun custom photo puzzle
Use family photos or pictures of places with special meaning to create a fun puzzle your older adult can put together again and again.
- Walmart – from $12, from 252 pieces and up
- Shutterfly – from $33, variety of photo layouts
- Portrait Puzzles – from $35, comes in a variety of sizes & number of pieces
3 everyday luxuries and simple updates
We often forget how much joy everyday household items can bring. A few strategic updates (like new sheets or towels) can have a big positive impact on quality of life.
1) Beautiful bedding
- $49 Laura Ashley Home Sateen Collection Sheet Set
- $59 True Luxury 1000 Thread Count 100% Egyptian Cotton Sateen Bed Sheets, 4-Pc Set
- $70 600 Thread Count Cotton Sheet Set – Cooling Sateen Weave, California Design Den
- $35 Premium Hotel Quality Pintuck Design 3-Piece Duvet Cover Set with Shams
- $72 Natalie Duvet Cover Set Mint – Laura Ashley
- $88 Charlotte Duvet Cover Set Blue – Laura Ashley
- $110 Cecily Tufted Cotton Chenille Medallion Duvet Cover Set
2) Bathroom essentials
- $7 iHave Automatic Toothpaste Dispenser Wall Mount
- $39 Hotel Collection Finest Elegance 30″ x 56″ Bath Towel
- $40 Welhome Franklin Premium 100% Cotton 6 Piece Towel Set
- $55 Amazon Automatic 12-oz Smart Soap Dispenser
- $38 Luxe Bidet Neo 120 – With a bidet, your older adult won’t have to bend and twist to wipe after using the toilet. It’s hygienic and gentle on their delicate skin.
- $250 SmartBidet SB-1000 Electric Bidet Seat for Round Toilets – This bidet with heated seat, warm air dryer, and temperature controlled wash gives a truly luxurious toileting experience.
5 cheerful everyday accessories
1) Eyeglass chains
Reading glasses can be easy to misplace. These lovely eyeglass chains add some flair and keep glasses close at hand.
- $7 Kalevel Eyeglass Chain Beaded
- $11 Colorful Beaded Eyeglass Holder
- $25 Eyeglass Chain with Handcrafted Silver Celtic Knots
2) Innovative reading glasses
These ultra thin, ultra light reading glasses gently grip the nose (no arms!) and can easily be tucked into a pocket. They’re also available in a variety of clever, convenient designs.
- $20 ThinOptics Universal Pod Rectangular Reading Glasses
- $25 ThinOptics Keychain Case and Readers Rectangular Reading Glasses
- Browse all ThinOptics styles
3) Walker handle cushions
These fun colors liven up the walker and add extra comfort. Plus, they’re washable, so they improve hygiene as well.
4) Walker caddy
This is a stylish, convenient, and hands-free way to carry essentials while using a walker or rollator. These caddies are lightweight, water-resistant, washable, and available in a variety of colors/patterns.
- $18 Vive walker caddy / tote bag
- $19 Walker Bag – Water Resistant Caddy with Large Compartment and 9 Pockets
- $20 Double Sided Walker Organizer Bag
5) Rollator covers
These stretchy covers transform standard rollator walkers into fun personalized accessories. They come in a variety of patterns and are washable, which makes it easier to keep things clean and sanitary.
- $12 North American Health + Wellness Rollator Cover Set, Rose Floral
- $15 Top Glides Universal Rollator Walker Seat and Backrest Covers (Tropical)
- $20 Crutcheze Peacock Rollator Walker Seat and Backrest Cover
- $20 Crutcheze Butterfly Rollator Walker Seat and Backrest Cover
6 helpful mobility aids
For older adults who use mobility aids, a beautiful new cane or walker is a wonderful and practical gift. We especially like the clever design of the Free2Go Rollator.
1) From $27 NOVA Designer Walking Cane with Offset Handle
This cane comes in a variety of beautiful colors and patterns.
2) $27 Hugo Mobility Adjustable Quad Cane, Rose
A quad cane in a lovely shade of rose
3) $70 Vive Carbon Fiber Quad Cane Ultra Lightweight Walking Stick
Get the extra stability of a quad cane without the weight.
4) $75 Drive Medical Four Wheel Rollator with Fold Up Removable Back Support
This rollator walker is easy to maneuver, lightweight, and has a handy seat and backrest for rest breaks
5) $230 Drive Medical Nitro Euro-Style 4-Wheel Rollator Walker With Seat
Review from a family caregiver: “This rollator is really nicely made. I’d compare its frame to a decent road bicycle frame in terms of stiffness, welds, finish, etc. It really looks sharp, too. A far cry from the bare aluminum ones that are wobbly and cheap looking, and also a step above the intermediate ones with painted frames but still are kind of spindly. Gary got a TON of compliments on it.”
6) $260 Free2Go Rollator
This innovative rollator restores independence and dignity by combining the benefits of a rollator and raised toilet seat. It allows someone with reduced mobility to safely and independently use any toilet with confidence.
7 tech tools they’ll truly enjoy using
1) Digital photo frame
A digital photo frame is a wonderful way to view family photos. Some even allow family to add photos via email or through a mobile app.
- $40 Aluratek 8 Inch LCD Digital Photo Frame with Auto Slideshow – supports USB flash drive and up to 32GB SD card (no WiFi)
- $73 10 inch Digital Picture Frame – 1920 x 1080 IPS screen, has music and video playback, supports USB flash drive and up to 128GB SD card, and comes with a clock, reminder calendar functions (no WiFi)
- $130 BSIMB WiFi Digital Picture Frame 10.1 Inch – 1280 x 800 IPS touch screen, 16 GB storage, send photos for instant display via app, email, social media
- $169 Aura Carver Luxe HD Smart Digital Picture Frame 10.1 Inch – 1920 x 1200 Full HD display, unlimited cloud storage holds 10,000+ photos, safely add photos through the secure mobile app
- $174 Nixplay WiFi Smart Digital Picture Frame 10.1 Inch – 1280 x 800 HD IPS display, create a secure photo-sharing network for your family to share photos and short videos from their smartphone or by email
2) Smart digital photo frame with video calling
Another great gift is the ViewClix Smart Frame. It’s a digital photo frame with video calling and an auto-answer mode.
When auto-answer is set up, the older adult doesn’t need to do anything to receive a video call. This is especially helpful for making video calls to someone with dementia or who isn’t able to physically answer a call.
3) From $45 Amazon Echo Show “Alexa” voice assistant with video calling
The Amazon Echo Show is an Alexa personal voice assistant with a video screen. It’s similar to the Echo or Echo Dot, with the addition of a video screen.
To make video calls without your older adult needing to take action to accept the call, use the Echo’s “drop in” feature.
There are several types of these devices at different price points based on screen size, camera quality, and release date:
- $45 Echo Show 5 (1st Gen, 2019 release) – 5.5 inch screen, 1 megapixel camera
- $85 Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen, 2021 release) – 5.5 inch screen, 2 megapixel camera
- $100 Echo Show 8 (2nd Gen, 2021 release) – 8 inch HD screen and stereo sound, 13 megapixel camera; many customer reviews say this is the best value of the Echo Show options
- $250 Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen) – 10.1 inch HD screen that’s designed to move with you, 13 megapixel camera with auto-framing and motion keeps you front and center
4) $100 Amazon Echo (4th Gen) “Alexa” voice assistant with voice calling
This hands-free, voice-controlled device makes voice calls, plays music, gives weather reports, reads the news, answers questions, tells jokes, reads audiobooks, checks sports scores, and more.
5) $35 Amazon Echo Dot (4th Gen) “Alexa” voice assistant with voice calling
The Echo Dot is the smaller size, more affordable “little sibling” to the Amazon Echo.
It can do everything the Echo does, but has less powerful speakers and microphones.
6) Lively Easy-To-Use Mobile Phones
These easy-to-use mobile phones are designed especially with seniors in mind.
The phones have large screens, big buttons, loud speakers and have additional health and safety features like app link for families, 5Star Urgent Response, Urgent Care doctors and nurses, live Personal Operators, and connection to Lyft.
- Lively Jitterbug Flip2, $30 (sale price) + monthly phone service – flip-style phone with big, bright buttons, powerful speaker, simple menus, Amazon Alexa, and more.
- Lively Jitterbug Smart3, $75 (sale price) + monthly phone service – the simple smartphone with large screen, voice typing, powerful speaker, simple menus, mobile internet, camera, and more.
7) GrandPad Simple and Safe Tablet, from $58/month
This simple, secure tablet is perfect for seniors who want to video call with family and friends, safely browse the internet, view photos, listen to music, and more.
Top features include:
- Accessible apps for calls, emails, photos, music, news, and games
- No spam, robocalls, scams, or other unwanted email messages
- Easy to use with simple navigation, colorful buttons, and large fonts
- Live support 24/7 to answer questions
3 delivery and transportation services
1) Grocery delivery services
During the pandemic, many older adults have enjoyed the convenience of grocery delivery services. Gift cards for these services are thoughtful and practical presents.
Grocery delivery is available from a variety of stores, including:
2) Restaurant delivery
Many restaurants have also expanded their delivery services due to the pandemic.
Giving them a gift card to a local restaurant that offers home delivery means they can enjoy their favorite meals without needing to go out.
3) Transportation services
When your older adult needs to leave the house, private transportation is faster and safer than public transportation. Consider these giftcard options:
- GoGoGrandparent gift card – This is an on-demand ride service that’s perfect for seniors who don’t use smartphones. No mobile apps are needed and a live person is always available to help.
- Lyft or Uber gift card – On-demand rides are a convenient way for older adults to get where they need to go. Some senior organizations even offer concierge services that help seniors book rides.
Recommended for you:
- The Big List of 50 Best Gifts for Seniors
- 46 Amazing Gifts for Seniors with Alzheimer’s or Dementia
- 37 Great Gifts for Senior Men
This article reflects prices at publication, but prices and availability may change. This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.