Looking for the perfect gift for a senior woman?
Older adults can be a challenge to shop for.
To help you find a wonderful gift your older adult will love, we’ve rounded up 7 categories of gifts for senior women and included plenty of specific suggestions.
In this list, you’re sure to find a thoughtful, useful gift that improves their everyday life.
7 wonderful gifts for senior women
1. Cheerful accessories
So many older adults rely on reading glasses, but they can be easy to misplace. These lovely eyeglass chains keep their specs close at hand.
- $7 Kalevel Eyeglass Chain Beaded
- $9 Colorful Beaded Eyeglass Holder
- $23 Eyeglass Chain with Handcrafted Silver Celtic Knots
Walker accessories liven up basic mobility aids and make them more fun and functional.
- Handle cushions in a bright color liven up a walker and add extra comfort
- A stylish, convenient, and hands-free way to carry essentials while using a folding walker. These are lightweight, water-resistant, washable, and available a variety of colors/patterns.
- Rollator covers transform standard rollator walkers into fun personalized accessories. They come in a variety of patterns and are washable, which makes it easier to keep things clean and sanitary.
2. Cozy comfort
Soft, warm slippers keep seniors comfy while lounging around at home.
This cozy blanket keeps knees warm and conveniently attaches to their wheelchair.
What could be better than a warm blanket with a special photo printed on it?
- From $45 Custom photo blanket
A heated blanket keeps seniors toasty warm and eases chronic aches and pains.
Weighted blankets have been scientifically proven to relieve distress and anxiety. They’re especially helpful for people with dementia and also great for anyone who has trouble sleeping, feels anxious, or would just enjoy feeling more relaxed.
- $41 Waowoo Adult Weighted Blanket – 15lbs, 60 x 80 inches
- $50 Weighted Idea Cool Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 78 inches
- $55 AmazonBasics All-Season Cotton Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 72 inches
- $80 YnM Weighted Blanket – 15 lbs, 48 x 72 inches
- $90 RELAX EDEN Adult Weighted Blanket W/Removable, Washable Duvet Cover – 12 lbs, 48 x 72 inches
3. Wonderful memories
Create a special photo book so your older adult can reminisce anytime.
Or, create a custom photo calendar that shows smiling family faces.
For older adults who use mobility aids, a shiny new cane or walker is a wonderful and practical gift. We especially like the clever design of the Free2Go Rollator.
- $20 NOVA Designer Walking Cane with Offset Handle – This cane comes in a variety of beautiful colors and patterns
- $25 Hugo Mobility Adjustable Quad Cane, Rose – A quad cane in a lovely shade of rose
- $58 Drive Medical 4 wheel rollator walker – This rollator walker is easy to maneuver, lightweight, and has a handy seat and backrest for rest breaks
- $70 Vive Carbon Fiber Quad Cane Ultra Lightweight Walking Stick – Get the extra stability of a quad cane without the weight.
- $250 Free2Go Rollator – This innovative rollator restores independence and dignity by combining the benefits of a rollator and raised toilet seat. It allows someone with reduced mobility to independently use any toilet with confidence.
5. Delivery services and transportation
During this pandemic, many older adults are staying home to reduce the risk of exposure of Covid-19. Gift cards for these services are thoughtful and practical presents.
Grocery delivery is available from a variety of stores, including:
You could also give them a gift card for a local restaurant that’s currently offering home delivery.
And when they do need to leave the house, private transportation is less risky than public transport:
- GoGoGrandparent gift card – This is an on-demand ride service that’s perfect for seniors who don’t use smartphones. No mobile apps are needed and a live person is always available to help.
- Lyft or Uber gift card – On-demand rides are a convenient way for older adults to get where they need to go. Some senior organizations even offer concierge services that help seniors book rides.
6. Everyday luxuries
- $35 Luxe Bidet Neo 120 – With a bidet, your older adult won’t have to bend and twist to wipe after using the toilet. It’s hygienic and gentle on their delicate skin.
- $250 SmartBidet SB-1000 Electric Bidet Seat with Heated Seat, Warm Air Dryer, and Temperature Controlled Wash – This bidet and heated seat gives a truly luxurious and comfortable toileting experience
7. Technology they’ll actually want to use
Digital photo frames:
A digital photo frame is a wonderful way for older adults to easily view family photos. Many new frames even allow you to add new photos via email or through a mobile app.
- $40 Aluratek 7 Inch LCD Digital Photo Frame – supports 32GB USB flash drive/SD card
- $70 BSIMB Digital Photo Frame Digital Picture Frame 10.1 Inch – 1024×600 IPS screen, has music and video playback, supports 32GB USB flash drive/SD card, and comes with a clock, reminder calendar functions, remote control
- $100 Feelcare 7 Inch 16GB Smart WiFi Digital Picture Frame – send photos or short videos from anywhere, internal memory means no need for external memory card or flash drive
- $153 Nixplay Smart Digital Picture Frame 10.1 Inch – share photos and short videos from your phone or by email
Smart digital photo frame with video calling:
Another great gift is the ViewClix Smart Frame. It’s a digital photo frame with video calling and an auto-answer mode.
When auto-answer is set up, the older adult doesn’t need to do anything to receive a video call. This is especially helpful for making video calls to someone with dementia or who isn’t able to physically answer a call.
There’s a 10-inch screen size ($200) or 15-inch screen size ($300).
Hands-free virtual assistants:
- $30 Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Generation) – This hands-free, voice-controlled device plays music, gives weather reports, reads the news, reads audiobooks, answers questions, tells jokes, checks sports scores, and more. In addition, find out how Echo helps people with dementia.
- $100 Amazon Echo “Alexa” (4th Generation) – The “big sibling” to the Echo Dot, it does everything the Dot does, but has premium speakers and can be moved around cord-free. In addition, find out how Echo helps people with dementia.
- The Echo Show is like an Echo or Echo Dot with a video screen. To make video calls without your older adult needing to accept the call, use the Echo Show’s “drop in” feature.
Recommended for you:
- The Big List of Best Gifts for Seniors
- Coronavirus Thanksgiving: 6 Tips for a Safe, Fun, and Festive Holiday
- Best Way to Make Video Calls to Seniors with Alzheimer’s or Dementia in Nursing Homes
This article reflects prices at publication, but prices and availability may change. This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.