Coloring prevents boredom and has health benefits
Plus, seniors who have recently moved in with relatives or into assisted living are more likely to be bored because their lifestyles have changed so much.
As a bonus, coloring may sound like a simple activity to ward off boredom, but it can actually improve health.
A research study found that adults 65 or older who engaged in creative activities had better overall health, made fewer visits to the doctor, used less medication, and had fewer health problems.
It’s also a helpful way to boost mood and relieve stress – making it a perfect activity for caregivers too.
We share 5 coloring book suggestions that cost about $5 each.
Being so inexpensive, these gorgeous coloring books are definitely worth a try. They could bring hours of relaxing fun!
5 beautiful senior-friendly coloring books
We found some inexpensive, non-childish coloring books that seniors will love. The pictures are realistic and beautiful and the subjects will interest many older adults.
These fine art coloring books are also perfect for people of all artistic skill levels – anyone can get the joy of creating a beautiful work of art.
Colored pencils, crayons, or watercolor paint can be used on the high-quality paper. And the pages are perforated so they’re easy to remove for display.
Plus, the guiding lines are gray, so they’ll basically disappear after the pictures are colored in, making it look even better and suitable for display.
Here are 5 coloring books we especially like:
- America the Beautiful – 23 majestic scenes from all across the U.S.
- Classic Movie Posters – 30 timeless classics like Casablanca, High Noon, It’s a Wonderful Life, and West Side Story
- Nautical Scenes – 23 lovely scenes from rowboats to luxury ocean liners
- Dogs – 23 realistic pictures of dogs
- Flower Gardens – 23 gorgeous floral portraits
Recommended for you:
- Activities for Seniors: Jigsaw Puzzles!
- Music Seniors Love: Top Songs from Every Generation
- 10 Fun, No-Fail Activities for People with Dementia
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
Image: Dover Publications
This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.