Make life easier and safer for hearing impaired seniors
Older adults with hearing loss may struggle with everyday tasks like answering the phone or door, knowing when there’s a fire, watching TV at a reasonable volume, or having a regular conversation.
We found 9 useful aids that help hearing impaired seniors be more independent and make everyday life easier and more pleasant.
These aids can also improve life for the family – no more enduring a blaring TV or repeated shouts of “WHAT?” when trying to have a conversation.
9 helpful products for hearing impaired seniors
1) $18 Anpress 7 Color Lights Flash + Music Doorbell
A doorbell chime with flashing lights let seniors with hearing impairment know when someone is at the door.
2) $30 Krown Phone Flasher (LED)
Attach this simple device between the telephone jack and a lamp to get a flashing light indicator when the phone rings.
3) $139 First Alert Hardwired Hearing Impaired Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm with LED Strobe Light
Safety is the first priority for seniors, especially those living independently. This combination smoke and carbon monoxide detector alarm has an LED strobe light so they can see any alarms.
4) $38 Sonic Bomb Dual Extra Loud Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker
An extra loud alarm clock with bed shaker helps hard-of-hearing seniors get up on time. Use just the silent shaker, the super loud sound, or both. We’ve also written a more detailed review on this alarm clock here.
5) $147 TV Ears Digital Wireless Headset System, TV Hearing Aid Device for Hard of Hearing, Voice Clarifying, for Digital and Analog TVs
This wireless headphone set allows seniors to turn up the TV volume as loud as they need without disturbing anyone else. If others are watching too, you can keep the TV sound on its own volume level.
6) $130 Sereonic Wireless TV Listening Speaker
This device projects sound from the TV to a wireless speaker you can put near your older adult to make it much easier for them to hear the TV.
Plus, this system is specifically designed to enhance the dialogue, making it easier for hard of hearing and hearing impaired people to follow along without needing to blast the volume.
7) $56 Digital Hearing Amplifier by Britzgo BHA-220, 500hr Battery Life
This affordable and effective hearing amplifier has excellent reviews on Amazon. It’s lightweight, can be worn in either ear, and has simple settings to adapt to different sound environments. The long-lasting batteries mean less fuss and the low price tag means less worrying about it getting lost.
8) $155 Williams Sound PKT D1 EH Pocketalker Ultra Duo Pack Amplifier with Single Mini Earbud and Folding Headphone
This sound amplifier is great for someone who doesn’t want to wear hearing aids. It boosts sound closest to the listener and reduces background noise.
It works well for one-on-one conversation, in small groups, watching TV, or talking in the car. It can be used with or without hearing aids.
9) $124 Otofonix Apex Hearing Amplifier for Seniors & Adults, Noise Canceling, Virtually Invisible Mini Sized, USA Phone Support
This hearing amplifier is for mild to moderate hearing loss. It has 3 different listening programs and 8 volume levels to accommodate everyday environments.
It also has noise canceling, feedback suppression, and background noise reduction.
Recommended for you:
- Free Caption Phones for Seniors with Hearing Loss
- 10 Common Signs of Hearing Loss in Seniors
- Reduce Dementia Risk by Treating Hearing Loss
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
Image: Bel Marra Health
All prices quoted were checked shortly before publication, but prices change often and might not match what is found online. This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.