Make the kitchen safer for seniors
With heat, liquids, and knives, working in the kitchen can be especially dangerous.
We found 10 simple kitchen aids for seniors that increase safety, prevent accidents, and help them stay independent longer.
Being able to perform everyday tasks on their own boosts mood and self-esteem. Plus, increasing their safety in the kitchen will give you peace of mind.
10 helpful kitchen aids for seniors
1) $6 EasyComforts Grip Turner
This helpful tool can be used to grip and turn many different types of small, slippery knobs found on stovetops, microwaves, dishwasher, etc.
2) $7 Chef’n PalmPeeler Hand Vegetable Peeler
This peeler sits comfortably in the palm of the hand. The blade is tucked away and the shape makes it easier for people with arthritis or joint issues to use.
3) $17 Boil Over Safeguard – Silicone Lid
Eliminate the need to run to the stove to catch a pot that’s boiling over.
This clever silicone lid stops pots from boiling over. Make sure to take off the cap to expose the holes.
4) $11 NoCry Cut Resistant Gloves – Ambidextrous, Food Grade
These slim, cut-resistant gloves keep fingers and hands safe from injury when slicing meat or veggies. Available in Small through X-Large.
5) $22 Hamilton Beach Electric Tea Kettle, Water Boiler & Heater, 1.7 L
Electric water kettles heat water quickly and the auto-shut off and boil-dry protection makes it safer than stovetop boiling.
6) $23 Mueller Onion Chopper Pro Vegetable Chopper
Make veggie prep faster, easier, and safer with one of these simple veggie chopping tools.
7) $20 Cool Touch by Jaz 18″ Extra Long Oven Rack Guards (Pack of 2)
Protect your older adult’s from accidental burns with these oven rack guards.
8) $37 Hamilton Beach Open Ease Automatic Jar Opener
Hard-to-open jars shouldn’t stop your older adult from eating foods they enjoy. This automatic jar opener does all the work.
9) $49 Lynk Professional Organizer Pull Out Under Cabinet Sliding Shelf
Make it easier to access pots and pans with easy pull-out shelves that install into existing kitchen cabinets (variety of sizes available).
10) $58 Drive Medical kitchen stool
This special kitchen stool lets seniors sit and get off their feet while working at the kitchen counter. The angled seat makes both sitting and standing easy. The height is adjustable too.
Recommended for you:
- The Big List of Best Gift Ideas for Seniors
- Gifts for Seniors with Alzheimer’s or Dementia: 31 Perfect Ideas
- The 8 Worst Gifts for Seniors (and What to Give Instead)
This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. All prices quoted were checked shortly before publication, but prices change often and might not match what is found online. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.