Getting dressed can be difficult for seniors
It’s surprising how difficult the everyday task of getting dressed can be for many seniors. Wearing normal clothes can become too difficult because of common medical conditions like arthritis, stroke, or dementia.
Common clothing challenges include:
- Not being able to fasten buttons and zippers
- Repeatedly undressing themselves (a common Alzheimer’s and dementia behavior)
- Swollen feet or ankles making normal shoes and slippers too tight
- Having a hard time tying shoes
- Difficulty coordinating colors
Specialized clothing helps caregivers
When seniors have trouble getting dressed or undressed, caregivers need to step in to help. We found specialized clothing for older adults that helps seniors dress more independently. They’re also comfortable, stylish, and durable.
This saves you time and energy while boosting your senior’s self-esteem.
For people with Alzheimer’s or dementia, special clothes make sure they stay dressed. Now you won’t have to be on constant alert to prevent spontaneous strip shows or fussing with incontinence briefs.
Buck & Buck clothes are easy for seniors
Buck & Buck is an online and catalog clothing store that solves dressing problems with an extensive selection of attractive clothes, underwear, sleepwear, shoes, and slippers.
Their women’s and men’s clothes have been specially adapted for seniors. They have special modifications like snap buttons, velcro flies, elastic waists, zippers, rear closures, etc. There’s also a wide variety of “regular” clothes that look great and are comfortable.
In a review, this geriatric care manager says that the clothes launder well and even stand up to laundry services offered by facilities.
These clothes solve real-life problems
We were impressed with the thoughtful selection of clothing and related items. They solve real problems and the styles still look good!
Here are some specialized items that stood out to us:
- These back zip jumpsuits (men’s / women’s) keeps them dressed and looks like a stylish two-piece outfit.
- These discreet back-flap pants are for those unable to stand up from the wheelchair while dressing.
- Shoes for swollen feet keep your senior comfortable and steady on the ground.
- Adult onesies hold incontinence products in place and discourage undressing.
- This shower robe gives warmth and coverage while being wheeled to and from the shower.
Buck & Buck clothes aren’t cheap, but they’re not unreasonably expensive either. Not only do they solve dressing problems, they’re attractive clothes that seniors will be happy to wear.
Their customer service team is helpful and can accommodate special requests – like velcro buttons instead of zippers. Plus, their return policy is great. If you’re on the fence, give them a call to see if they can help with your senior’s clothing needs.
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
Image: Buck & Buck
This article wasn’t sponsored and doesn’t contain affiliate links. For more information, see How We Make Money.