Simple products make everyday tasks easier
We rounded up 8 simple, but effective products that help older adults by making everyday life easier, more convenient, and more enjoyable.
8 products that make life easier for seniors
These key turners give greater leverage and make it easier to unlock doors.
These “large print” coloring books have beautiful images and are large enough to easily see and color.
3. Clip-on book light
Older eyes need more light to see. Small clip-on lights put extra lighting exactly where it’s needed. They’re a perfect way to make reading, crafts, and hobbies easier on your older adult’s eyes.
We found 3 great options:
- $7 Fulcrum LIGHT IT 20010-301 LED Wireless Multi Flex Clip On Task Light
- $8 LEPOWER Clip on and Portable Light (Dual Arms)
- $10 Book Light for Reading in Bed – Clip on LED Reading Light & Bookmark
4. Big button TV remote
Today’s TV remote controls have far too many tiny buttons. A simplified TV remote means that your older adult won’t have any trouble watching their favorite shows.
We found three great options:
- $16 Continu.us Universal Big Button TV & Cable Box Remote in white or black
- $18 Sony RM-EZ4 2-Device Universal Remote with Big Buttons
- $30 Flipper Big Button Universal Remote for 2 Devices
5. $22 Drive Medical Deluxe Folding Cane Seat
Sometimes older adults need to take a short rest when they’re walking. This helpful cane folds down into a small seat to give tired legs a break.
6. $30 Medline Bed Assist Bar with Storage Pocket and Height Adjustable Bed Rail
Getting in and out of bed can be a challenge for older adults, especially those who have back issues, are recovering from surgery, have severe arthritis, or are recovering from stroke.
A bed assist rail makes it easier by giving additional stability and something to pull on. The storage pocket keeps essential items close at hand.
7. $40 My Doctor Book A Personal Medical Records Organizer
There is so much information and so many details involved in caregiving, nobody can remember them all.
This comprehensive medical records organizer helps you keep all of your older adult’s health information in one place for quick and easy access.
8. $30 (on sale!) Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Generation) or $70 (on sale!) Amazon Echo (2nd Generation)
The Amazon Echo is a simple-to-use, voice-activated “assistant” that plays music and audiobooks, tells time and weather, reads the news, and more.
It’s perfect for anyone, including people with dementia (find out why). Both devices work independently, but the larger Echo’s speakers are more robust than the smaller Dot’s.
Recommended for you:
- The Big List of Gift Ideas for Seniors
- Holiday Gifts for Seniors with Dementia: 31 Perfect Ideas
- 10 Simple Arthritis Aids Help Seniors with Everyday Tasks
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
Image: Scarborough Urology
All prices quoted were checked shortly before publication, but prices change often and might not match what is found online. This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.