Date published: 2021-4-13
Moms appreciate thoughtful gifts
Moms, aunts, in-laws, and the special women in your life will be delighted to get a thoughtful gift for Mother’s Day.
To help you find the perfect present, we’ve rounded up dozens of Mother’s Day gifts that she’s sure to love.
This list covers 8 different categories including activities, comfort, senior-friendly technology, music, and household aids.
8 categories of wonderful Mother’s Day gifts
1. Customized gift baskets
You know your older adult best, so why not create a custom gift basket filled with things they love?
All you need is a decorative basket (this one looks great and is easily reusable) and some great items to fill it with.
- Favorite music albums and some delicious tea to sip while listening
- A cozy throw blanket and a pair of comfy slippers
- Cheese, fruit, crackers, and sparkling cider for an instant picnic
- A few favorite movies and popcorn or hot chocolate mix
- Lotions, soaps, and other pampering items in her favorite scent
2. Gifts that promote relaxation
Gifts that help your older adult relax and feel pampered are sure to be a hit.
- A massage tailored for older adults
- Plush heated electric throw blanket
- A soothing weighted blanket or lap pad – especially helpful for those with dementia
- Cozy wheelchair blanket that attaches with velcro – heavyweight or lightweight
3. Beautiful jigsaw puzzles
These lovely images aren’t childish at all and the different number of puzzle pieces mean you’ll find one that’s perfect for their ability level.
- As The Sun Sets – 25 pieces, a dog and cat enjoy a beautiful sunset
- Eiffel Magic – Springbok Alzheimer’s & Dementia Jigsaw Puzzle – 36 pieces, quaint Paris streets and a view of the Eiffel Tower
- Wild Coast – Relish Dementia Jigsaw Puzzle – 63 pieces, beautiful ocean coast scenery
- Dolphins – 100 large size pieces, lively dolphins in a relaxing tropical ocean scene
- A Touch of Spring – 100 pieces, lovely spring scene with flowers, bunnies, birds, and squirrels
- Songbird Menagerie – 300 large piece puzzle, a variety of colorful songbirds
- Flight at Dusk – 300 large piece puzzle, colorful hot air balloons over a beautiful landscape
- The Country Bus – 300 pieces, a small town scene in the English countryside
4. Artistic coloring books
These beautiful coloring books have illustrations that are nice enough to frame. They’re not at all childish and provide hours of relaxing fun.
- Flower Gardens – 23 gorgeous floral portraits
- Beautiful Birds – 31 realistic illustrations of songbirds, game birds, waterfowl, and many other birds in their natural habitats
- Tropical Paradise Scenes – 23 relaxing scenes including hibiscus blossoms, birds of paradise, flamingoes, sea turtles, and dolphins
- Backyard Nature – 42 beautiful illustrations like whitetail deer in a vegetable patch, a box turtle in a strawberry patch, and chickadees in a white pine tree
5. An easy-to-use CD player and their favorite music
An easy-to-use, simple CD player will let her play her favorite tunes anytime. This one even plays cassette tapes! If needed, make it easier to use by adding colored dots on essential buttons like play and stop.
- Hits of the 30’s & 40’s
- Judy Garland at Carnegie Hall: 40th Anniversary Edition
- Greatest Songs Of The 1940’s
- The Very Best of Nat King Cole
- Chart Toppers: Romantic Hits Of The 50’s
- Frank Sinatra: His Great Performances 1953 – 1960
- Pure 60’s: The #1 Hits
- The Beatles 1
- The Best of Simon & Garfunkel
- Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Songbook
- Miles Davis: Kind Of Blue
6. Helpful home aids
Increase independence with some helpful aids that make everyday tasks easier.
7. Auto aids to make driving easier
Simple auto aids make driving or riding in cars easier on stiff joints and arthritic hands.
8. Technology gifts that keep her connected
We’re relying on technology more than ever. These simpler tech tools help your older adult stay connected with family and friends and keep them entertained.
- ViewClix Smart Frame – smart digital picture frames with video calling
- Amazon Echo Show 5 – Alexa voice assistant with 5.5” screen for video calls
- Amazon Echo Show 8 – Alexa voice assistant with 8″ HD screen and stereo sound for video calls
- GreatCall Lively Flip and Jitterbug Smart2 mobile phones – easy-to-use mobile phones with special features designed for seniors
- RAZ Memory Cell Phone – mobile phone designed for people with Alzheimer’s or dementia
- GrandPad tablet – easy-to-use tablet device with special features designed for seniors
Recommended for you:
- 15 Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day: Activity and Gift Ideas During Coronavirus
- 15 Enjoyable Mother’s Day Activities for Seniors
- Best Way to Make Video Calls to Seniors with Alzheimer’s or Dementia in Nursing Homes
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
Image: The Potato Group
This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.