Moms appreciate thoughtful gifts
Moms, aunts, and the special women in your life will be delighted to get a thoughtful gift for Mother’s Day.
To help you find the perfect present, we’ve rounded up dozens of Mother’s Day gifts that she’s sure to love, covering 7 different categories.
7 categories of wonderful Mother’s Day gifts
1. Customized gift baskets
You know your older adult best, so why not create a custom gift basket filled with things they love?
All you need is a decorative basket (this one is lovely, customizable, and easily reusable) and some great items to fill it with.
- Favorite music albums and some delicious tea to sip while listening
- A cozy throw blanket and a pair of comfy slippers
- Cheese, fruit, crackers, and sparkling cider for an instant picnic
- A few favorite movies and popcorn or hot chocolate mix
- Lotions, soaps, and other pampering items in her favorite scent
2. Gifts that promote relaxation
Gifts that help your older adult relax and feel pampered are sure to be a hit.
- A massage tailored for older adults
- Plush heated electric throw blanket
- A soothing weighted blanket or lap pad – especially helpful for those with dementia
- Cozy wheelchair blanket that attaches with velcro – heavyweight or lightweight
3. Beautiful jigsaw puzzles
These lovely images aren’t childish at all and the different number of puzzle pieces mean you’ll find one that’s perfect for their ability level.
- Van Gogh Sunflowers – 24 pieces
- Golden Retriever Puppy – 30 pieces
- Lunchtime on The Farm – a cheery farmhouse scene, 30 pieces
- Good Companions – friendly pets, 100 pieces
- Livin in The Country – lovely countryside scenery, 100 pieces
4. Artistic coloring books
These beautiful coloring books have illustrations that are nice enough to frame. They’re not at all childish and provide hours of relaxing fun.
- Flower Gardens – 23 gorgeous floral portraits
- Beautiful Birds – 31 realistic illustrations of songbirds, game birds, waterfowl, and many other birds in their natural habitats
- Tropical Paradise Scenes – 23 relaxing scenes including hibiscus blossoms, birds of paradise, flamingoes, sea turtles, and dolphins
- Backyard Nature – 42 beautiful illustrations like whitetail deer in a vegetable patch, a box turtle in a strawberry patch, and chickadees in a white pine tree
5. An easy-to-use CD player and their favorite music
An easy-to-use, simple CD player will let her play her favorite tunes anytime. This one even plays cassette tapes! If needed, make it easier to use by adding colored dots on essential buttons like play and stop.
- Hits of the 30’s & 40’s
- Judy Garland at Carnegie Hall: 40th Anniversary Edition
- Greatest Songs Of The 1940’s
- The Very Best of Nat King Cole
- Chart Toppers: Romantic Hits Of The 50’s
- Frank Sinatra: His Great Performances 1953 – 1960
- Pure 60’s: The #1 Hits
- The Beatles 1
- The Best of Simon & Garfunkel
- Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Songbook
- Miles Davis: Kind Of Blue
6. Helpful home aids
Increase independence with some helpful aids that make everyday tasks easier.
7. Auto aids to make driving easier
Simple auto aids make driving or riding in cars easier on stiff joints and arthritic hands.
Recommended for you:
- 15 Enjoyable Mother’s Day Activities for Seniors
- 10 Fun Things to Do with Someone in a Nursing Home or Assisted Living
- 8 Inexpensive Products That Make Life Easier for Seniors
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
Image: The Potato Group
This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.