Celebrate Father’s Day with senior-friendly fun
Get ready for Father’s Day with fun activities and gift ideas for the important men in your life. Enjoying an activity together or giving a thoughtful gift are great ways to show how much you care.
We’ve got over 18 senior-friendly activity and gift ideas to help you plan a wonderful day together.
6+ activities for those who like going out
Many older adults enjoy activities like golfing, fishing, or bowling. And don’t forget about low-key activities like mini golf, horseshoes, bird watching, or lawn bowling. Enjoying a game together is something any sports fan will love.
- Take a walk through nature – in the park, on a hiking trail, or through the neighborhood.
- Visit a local museum, photography exhibit, or famous sightseeing spot.
- Attend a local car show – classic cars, muscle cars, or whatever revs their engine!
- Go to a history-themed event. He might be interested in these Civil War lectures or reenactments.
- Take him for a luxurious massage or an old-fashioned professional shave.
- Stroll through an indoor shopping center. It’s a pleasant, air-conditioned place to chat, people watch, and do a little shopping. Plus, there are plenty of bathrooms and seating areas.
6 activities for those who enjoy staying in
It’s not always easy for older adults to leave the house. For those who prefer to stay in, there are a number of fun activities you can try.
- Watch their favorite sports on TV with plenty of tasty snacks.
- Get family or a few of his buddies together for a poker game. Use pennies or play money to keep things friendly.
- Invite family and friends for a relaxed get together. Have a backyard BBQ or potluck meal!
- Bring home a takeout meal from his favorite restaurant.
- Watch an old favorite movie or a new release they’re sure to enjoy.
- Play cards or a board game together.
6 gift ideas
It’s always nice to receive a thoughtful gift. Here are some your older adult is sure to love.
- A few novels by his favorite author
- A new deck of large-print playing cards
- History-themed gifts: books, movies or documentaries
- Music! Check out our picks for every age group from 65 to 90+
- A comfy pair of non-slip house slippers
- Try these delicious food or thoughtful photo gift ideas
We hope these activity and gift ideas will help you plan a fun, relaxing, and special Father’s Day celebration. Remember, it’s all about spending quality time together!
Recommended for you:
— 5 Festive Spring Activities for Seniors
— Amazon Echo for Dementia: Technology for Seniors
— The Big List of Gift Ideas for Seniors
— 3 Easy Tech Tools Help Seniors Stay Connected (more gift ideas here too!)
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
Image: Kansas City Home Care