How-to video tutorials for medical or nursing caregiving tasks
While caring for an older adult at home, caregivers often have to learn medical or nursing tasks on their own.
This is because most families don’t get proper training for the care that serious health conditions require.
The videos cover 6 major caregiving categories including special diets, managing incontinence, wound care, mobility, and managing medications. Some are available in both Spanish and English.
We share a list of the 6 categories, most having 6+ videos covering a variety of topics.
We also highlight two videos in each category to show some of the useful topics that are covered.
Watch dozens of helpful, free how-to videos from AARP
1. Operating Specialized Medical Equipment
2. Special Diets
3. Managing Incontinence – English & Spanish
4. Wound Care
5. Mobility – English & Spanish
6. Managing Medications
Free printable how-to guides are also available
In addition to the dozens of helpful caregiving how-to videos, AARP has also created dozens of helpful printable Resource Guides.
Most contain information similar to what’s covered in their videos, but the guides present them in a concise, easily printable format.
Recommended for you:
- 7 Tips to Get Someone with Dementia to Shower
- How to Help Seniors Get Up Without Injuring Yourself: Safe Transfer Techniques [Video]
- 11 Tips to Improve Senior Sleep by Reducing Pain and Discomfort
By DailyCaring Editorial Team
This article wasn’t sponsored and doesn’t contain affiliate links. For more information, see How We Make Money.