Boost your mood and health with makeup
While you may not be that “mature” yet, caregiving duties have probably eaten away the time you spend on yourself. It might seem like an indulgence, but taking a few extra minutes for yourself each day can actually boost your mood!
This how-to video is focused on makeup for mature skin. Lisa Eldridge, an internationally-renowned makeup artist to top celebrities, shares exclusive tips on how to easily enhance your skin in a fresh, modern way.
Lisa’s makeup tips
- Keep things soft and simple. Avoid harsh lines.
- Don’t try to cover up lines or wrinkles, it will only make them more noticeable.
- When you’re in a rush, focus on two key areas: softly defined eyes/eyebrows and glowing cheeks.
- Start with less makeup, then step back and assess the overall look. You can always add more if needed.
- Avoid heavy foundations that settle into lines, they’re aging.
- Use a sheer foundation or tinted moisturizer to even out your skintone and give a fresh, dewy finish.
Everyone can look like a star
With Lisa’s tips and a little practice, you’ll soon master a quick, subtle, glowing look that brightens your day. Applying a bit of makeup can also be a fun way to boost Mom, Aunt, or Grandmother’s spirits. Try a session where you all put on makeup before lunch, shopping, or a weekend outing.
By DailyCaring Editorial Staff
Image: Lisa Eldridge