San Francisco Bay Area Resources
- Family Caregiver Alliance – A non-profit organization that provides a variety of counseling, assessment, and referral services.
- HICAP – Medicare experts who provide free health care counseling and options to help you with Medicare and Medicaid questions and confusion. They can save you time and money!
- Institute on Aging – A non-profit organization that provides health services, social and emotional support, as well as education and advocacy.
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services for Seniors – Senior programs and both free and paid services help seniors remain healthy, active, and independent for as long as possible.
- 70 Strong – A comprehensive, easy-to-use resource guide to activities and services for older adults. Website is available in 20 languages! Call, drop in to 70 Strong locations, or request a home visit. Assistance is available free of charge for district residents (residents of Atherton, Belmont, Portola Valley, Redwood City, Redwood Shores, San Carlos, Woodside, and parts of Foster City, Menlo Park and San Mateo).
- Dr. Elizabeth Landsverk’s blog – An experienced geriatrician shares essential info about dementia care, medication, and difficult behavior
- Better Health While Aging – Dr. Leslie Kernisan is an experienced geriatrician who shares practical senior health information. She also has a podcast.
Online / Nationwide Resources